PRIMARY PURPOSE: Oversee and/or implement all aspects routine maintenance of the church campus including the grounds, and the exteriors and interiors of all buildings.
Grounds: Lawn & Landscape Maintenance: Spring through autumn, Trimming and mowing weekl, Fertilizing lawns, Minor tree trimming, Obtain quotes for lawn equipment, Snow Removal: Winter, Sidewalk snow removal and salting especially prior to Sunday services, Obtain quotes for parking lot snow removal
Exterior Building Maintenance: Repair or replace boards, doors, windows when necessary, Garage/Storage shed upkeep inside and outside; keeping it neat and organized, Replace light bulbs as needed
Interior Building Maintenance: Minor plumbing repairs. Replace light bulbs as needed, Replace bad electrical fixtures as needed, Replace AC receptacles as needed, Replace and finish wall boards, including patching and painting, Repair or replace if needed toilets and faucets. Insect and rodent control, Proper operation of the alarm service, Obtain major plumbing quotes (well issues, new lines, softeners, leaks, other), Obtain water quality samples for Washtenaw County Environmental Health when needed, Occasional framing, insulation, wiring, wall board and finishing, Time permitting, set up and removal of tables and chairs for special events, with event sponsor and volunteers, Moving furniture as needed
Prepare a monthly report to trustees on the status of campus maintenance and attend monthly Trustees meetings
Other maintenance related duties as required from time to time to successfully fulfill the church’s needs
Work well with all staff and members
Maintain a growing and healthy Christian life and lead others to do the same.
Proactive self-starter with five plus years of experience in general maintenance with strong general skills in rough and finished carpentry, plumbing and electrical. Ability to operate and maintain all equipment. Can use tall ladders and lifts. Ability to lift moderately heavy loads safely. A proven ability to perform all general maintenance activities as specified above.
Note: Dexter UMC in Dexter, MI, is a vibrant, growing church. We are committed to loving God, loving people and serving our our world for Jesus Christ. Our worship is authentic–and our love and care for one another runs deep. We are open to filling currently available positions with full-time or part-time roles, perhaps in combination (worship leading, on-line production, & website/IT coordination) based on candidate gifts & talents and where the Spirit leads.
50% - Worship Leader
•Plan & Produce Sunday Worship Services: including all aspects of the Sunday morning worship. Leader of weekly worship services at 9:40 and 11:00
•Lead the Worship Ministry Cell: Lead, recruit, and build the cell membership to support all aspects of worship.
- Lead worship staff, Adult & Children’s Choirs, 8:20 Keyboardist, 9:40 & 11:00 Worship Band Leader
- Build Teams of Volunteers for music & tech
- Teach elements of worship to the congregation
- Administer the business affairs of the worship & music ministry including development of worship & music budgets, oversee expenditures, project capital music purchases, & maintenance & care of all music supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Lead monthly worship meetings
- Staff Responsibilities: Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly Ad Council, and bi-annual planning retreats; be active in some community events
- Special Worship Services: Work with the team to produce Christmas Eve Worship Services, Ash Wednesday evening service, Maundy Thursday evening worship and occasionally help in hosting the ecumenical Good Friday worship.
- Grow New Worship Opportunities after we are 100% open
50% - Director of Technology/On-line Presence
- Outreach: Work to grow the Outreach of Dexter UMC – editing and posting content via social media. Coordinate and oversee all aspects of sanctuary & atrium logistics.
- Live Stream Coordination
- Video Production
- The candidate must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, a person of character and integrity who views this position as a calling from God, both in public and private life.
- Have a passion for worship and a vibrant prayer life.
- Skills and experience with live audio production and video editing relating to on-line worship
- Significant experience in accompanying worship bands and coordinating music groups is required.
- Be familiar and supportive of all worship styles and be acquainted with a wide body of music worship literature.
- Demonstrate leadership in the music ministry.
- The candidate must be able to work well with all staff, volunteers and musicians of all abilities to further our music ministries.
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Health Insurance: BCN Group Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Salary: Negotiable